Happy Holidays everybody! Now that you’re on winter break and away from all the college stress (for now…), you can finally enjoy spending time with family and friends. What can possibly be better than unwrapping gifts, watching Christmas movies all day, and counting down to the New Year? Nothing of course!
One thing’s for sure; Post-Christmas shopping can just add on to some great holiday fun. Before heading back to school, this is your chance to do some shopping for your dorm. This will be a wonderful opportunity to redecorate and give your room a makeover for the upcoming semester. Spring is said to bring new beginnings, so give your room a new look. So in honor of the holiday spirit, I wanted to utilize this time to take a different approach to my past articles. Since it’s right after Christmas, there are a lot of new deals online and in stores for you to get some cool things for your dorm room.
Here’s a list of some deals I’ve found:
JCPenny: Free shipping every day over $99 with no code required ONLINE ONLY – 25% off on $200 or more, 20% off on $100 or more, & 15% with an online code: LASTDASH ends 1/1. IN STORES ONLY – $10 off on anything $25 or more on apparel, shoes, accessories, & more that ends 12/28.
Target: Up to 60% off on clearance!
Urban Outfitters: $50 off $150, $25 off $100, $15 off $75 for 4 days on women’s, men’s and apartment stuff.
Dormify: Free standard shipping over $100. 20% off collections with code JINGLE all week long. Also 20% off anything with code AFTERPARTY.
Pottery Barn: Winter sale in which you can save up to 60% on over 500 items.
KOHL’S : Save 20%on$100or more with promo code HAPPY, Save 15% on items under $100 with promo code NEWYEAR.
And below, I’ve found some items that might interest and give you an idea on a new makeover for your dorm.
1. I absolutely fell in love with Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler. He always has some cute stuff and I just love that it’s inone of my favorite colors! This would be such a great bedding for a spring makeover because of its color and pattern.
2. “Please Wake For Meals.” Haha this is too cute. I love pillows with quotes, so why not add this to your dorm room collection, right? And keep in mind this is half off from the original price!
3. How cute is this Marigold shower curtains? I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel as if shower curtains in particular are quite expensive for home décor. So I love that this certain shower curtain is more than 50% off with the price of $11.99.
4. I’ve always been a fan of chevron! This Nina rug is another essential to an awesome new dorm room.
5. Seiko Kato Love Heart Art. And don’t forget about giving love to your walls! I always love abstract art and putting cute artsy stuff up! This is fairly priced too.
6. For the upcoming cold chilly nights, grab a Lilly Pulitzer thermal mug to warm up. Lilly Pulitzer is a very popular brand for college girls for quite some time now! You can take these on the go to all your classes.
7. Another one of my picks for a great new room is this candle. What better way to create a new start with a fresh smell? I just love this candle because not only will candles make your room smell good but also makes it feel a little bit more home-y. And it also has a quote on it to keep you motivated during the whole semester!
8. And lastly, this Paintica Chevron throw! One of the best things to have in a dorm room is a throw. They keep you snug while you study or hang out in your dorm room. It’s always a necessity when I am at home because I tend to get cold a lot of times and need something soft while I’m doing something around the room.