So I came across this site the other day that provided some pretty interesting and cool fitness recipes. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE brownies (I have a strong sweet tooth)! When I saw these protein chocolate brownies, I thought it’d be perfect to share on fitness Fridays! What?! Dessert and fitness positively put together in the same sentence?! Yup, I said it. Although, I’m sure they probably don’t taste as yummy as a fudge brownie, but it’s worth a try. The site has other cool recipes to check out too. I haven’t tried them yet, but I definitely plan to as soon as we move. Try them out and let me know what you think! I hope they taste as good as they look! Let us know if these are a yay or nay!
Credit goes to http://thefitnessrecipes.com
Note: Glutenfree, very easy, low cal, low carb, high protein
Nutritional facts (1 serving = 2 brownies):
Energy: 141 cal
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 2.6 g (sugar 1.7 g)
Fat: 4.2 g (saturated 1.1 g)
Fiber: 1.6 g
Ingredients (6 servings = 12 brownies):– 250 g quark cheese (ricotta or natural yogurt is also a good alternative. You can use cottage cheese, but this will affect the taste) – 200 g egg Whites (+-6 egg Whites), beaten
– 1 egg yolk
– 25 g almond powder/ ground almonds
– 20 g cocoa powder
– 75 g protein powder chocolate flavour (I used 50 % whey and 50 % (micelar) casein)
Depending on the texture you want you can use only whey or casein. Whey will give it a more dry texture and casein a more moist texture. Taste will mostly depend on the brand of protein powder you use.
– optional: spices like cinnamon, chilli,….
– Pre heat an oven at 180°C – Mix all ingredients together
– Put the mixture in a cake tin (sprayed with cooking spray)
– Bake for 20 – 25 minutes (this depends on the protein powder you used and how you want them)
– Let cool down and cut in to 12 pieces.